Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
– An intensive training on teaching English as a Second / Foreign Language (ESL or EFL ) covering the following topics:
- The Learner – Introduction, Language, Lesson Planning…
- The Teacher – Classroom Management, Methods, Approaches…
- ESL/EFL Program – Reading, Writing, Speaking, Listening…
- Teaching Tools – Media, Assessment, Socio-Cultural Factors…
- Future Career – Jobs, Resume, Interview…
Face to Face
Students are required to attend all six (6) lecture days in a classroom/training room setting.
The first lecture day is required when possible with the rest using training videos and manuals.
There are four requirements in this program:
Lecture – either face to face or online Assignments – Since there are six modules, there are also six sets of questions that have to be answered and sent to our email address.
Practice Teaching – Either sending a video or doing it on Skype (live). Instructions will be given on how to go about this.
Final Exam – This is a two-hour exam (open note policy). Questionnaire will be sent through email and answers have to be sent back after two hours.
Every student is given six months to complete all the requirements. If not be able to complete before the given time, $50 will be required as an extension fee as stated in the Policies and Guidelines. This is to encourage students to finish the program at the given time.
After completing all the requirements, the student will be given a certificate. The regular one is inclusive of the fees but if an authenticated or a red-ribboned copy is preferred, we can also do it with a fee of P2,400.
Connective has been offering TESOL since 2005 and got TESDA registration in 2008. We have already catered to more than 500 students and some are now teaching English in almost all continents of the world.
Connective was established with a vision to help improve the quality of English as Second Language (ESL) learning and teaching in the Philippines and in other parts of the world. Connective also wants to be recognized as the best language center that provides communicative language teaching approach where students acquire the English language in a short period of time. We believe in providing the best principles in ESL learning and teaching.
1. Face to face for P16500
2. Online where you’re given DVDs or a USB and manuals of the lecture for P13500
3. Second option of online or distance learning where you will be watching the lecture on YouTube with a password and manuals are sent as PDF files and you have to print them yourself for P11000
Who can enroll?
- Professionals who would like to teach ESL/EFL locally and abroad
- ESL/EFL school teachers, administrators, and directors
- Teachers who plan to teach ESL/EFL
- New graduates, missionaries, church groups, social workers